Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Playlist

Music-bot

Good evening everyone!

How are you all this weekend? I’ve been enjoying my last moments of "doing nothing" before the real course work starts. Been catching up on Dark Shadows mostly, and starting to read The Woman in Black, since both movies are coming out this year.

Recently Jillian Venters aka The Cupcake Goth posted on her Live Journal something interesting, a play list for 2012, songs to help set the tone for the New Year.

An interesting thing to do, something I’ve never been done before. Have any of you?

I’ve found myself lately listening to a lot of older music, as well, avoiding a lot of my more "heavy" sounding songs. My selection of metal is a little too "noisy" for me these days, or something like that, or maybe it’s a subconscious protest from my brain that cannot wait to get it’s mitts on the new Nightwish album ^___^

Whatever it is, these have been the songs I’ve been listening to these days and have been setting the tone for the New Year

The first song, I declare to be my theme song for my New Year, this is the year I need things to be “well with my soul”

“It Is Well” by Kutless

“Perfect Day” by Miriam Stockley

“Sweet Song” by Cecile Corbel

“Orinoco Flow” by Enya

“The Wayfarer” by Nightwish

Alright, what kind of playlist would this be if some metal or Nightwish song didn’t end up on it *grins* This is one of those new-old songs, an older song of Nightwish, but one that I have happily rediscovered after being forgotten about for some time now.

And there will be more Nightwish in my life very soon, in only a few days their new album finally becomes available in Canada (!!!) Oh January 10th, you have been long awaited by many.

I feel like rainymood.com needs a mention as well, as a current new favorite thing of mine, seriously though, listen to Misty Mountains (Cold) while having that website open, thank me later ;)

God Bless,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment