Monday, September 13, 2010

Music Monday: Blackmore's Night - Autumn Sky




Welcome to the first Music Monday here at The Grimm Tea Party!

Music Monday is where I will be featuring songs, albums, bands, or artists that are my cup of tea. To start this new feature off, we have Blackmore's Night latest album Autumn Sky.

I only discovered Blackmore’s Night this year, but they’ve become one of my favourites. It’s the sort of music you always wished for, but just didn’t know where to find it. Their genre is a little hard to describe, it’s (as wiki puts it) Renaissance-inspired folk rock. Give a listen to the album preview below:



Just by listening to the album preview, I’ve picked out my favourites: “Sake Of The Song”, “Keeper Of The Flame”, “Vagabond (Make A Princess Of Me)” & “Song And Dance”. Haven’t not yet listened to the album in full I’m still not sure where I would rank the album in regards to the rest of BN’s work, but I don’t think it could replace Fires At Midnight as my favourite BN album.

Autumn Sky teaser & interviews:


Blackmore’s Night CD Autumn Night is now available, having been released September 3rd, 2010.

So, what do you think? Did you like it? Had you even heard of Blackmore’s Night before now? Maybe it’s just not your cup of tea, and that’s fine. Maybe next time I’ll serve something to your liking.

Stay Spooky,
Alice Grimm


Blackmore’s Night Links:

Official site
BN Wikipedia page
Last.fm
BN on Facebook
Ritchie Blackmore on Facebook
Candice Night on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. My favorite song is "Home Again"
    The music video for "Locked Within the Crystal Ball" is lovely, I hope they make more music videos in the future.

    ReplyDelete