Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fairytale Tuesday: Night Fairy Fantasia

Mood: Hungry
Music: Oliver Wallance – “Bad Day at Skull Rock”


“Where do you live?”
“Second to the right, and then straight on till morning.”
“They put that on the letters?”
“Don’t get any letters.”
“But your mother gets letters.”
“Don’t have a mother.”
“No wonder you were crying.”
“I wasn’t crying about mothers. I was crying because I can’t get this shadow to stick. And I wasn’t crying.”


It’s been awhile, but I do believe I have fallen in love with a print, Alice and the Pirate’s Night Fairy Fantasia


As you may have guessed, the print is inspired by J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan.

I couldn’t bring myself to resize any of the pictures, & risk some detail being missed. That’s one of the beauties of brand lolita items, the detail. They always fascinate me, the care, time, & effort that are put into these prints. They’re really works of art. & like any piece of great art, it costs a pretty penny That’s not a complaint though, I understand why brand is so expensive, & that’s okay with me. Besides even if I did have $186+ dollars to spend, I don’t think I’d buy it, I have no occasion to wear anything like this. But if I did… I’d go with the skirt, & of course in black


There’s also the necklace, which is very charming


It feels appropriate to make this post now, since I’m currently reading Peter Pan. Though I have seen countless movies, read the play, I had never read the novel in whole. It is one of the most enchanting books I have ever read. After finishing it I think I’ll revisit some of my favourite movie adaptations of the story.

What do you think of the print? Or if you’re not smitten with it, what’s your favorite retelling of Peter Pan?

Stay Spooky,

No comments:

Post a Comment